Friday, March 20, 2009

Book a trip while eating your homemade lunch

Guest Post from Sophie in New York: As I always like to keep people abreast of money-saving opportunities, I would like to share that Liberty Travel is having some very good sales on flights. Peru? Phuket? Paris? You decide. I will caution you to stay away from Spirit Airlines. Also, please remember to use sun protection.

Today's post will end with ideas to spice up a brown bag lunch. As you know buying lunch everyday adds up all too quickly at $5-$10 a day. Boston Globe's article Pack a Lunch and Save a Bundle provides jazzy alternatives to a peanut butter & jelly sandwich, although who doesn't love Smart Balance crunchy peanut butter (Omega-3's!!) with sugar-free strawberry preserves (20 calories per serving and bits of strawberries!) on wheat bread? I know I do! They also have an article on how to then eat your homemade lunch with style in Eat in Style. I'm thinking about investing in one of these snazzy little containers with dividers to bring my lunch in Boston, when I'll be schlepping lunch with me in my tote on the T.

The last deal comes from Liz in Chicago: MySkins.com has 20 different nude shades so that you can find the perfect tone to match your skin and undergarments (for a lack of a better word)! White shirts and white pants, which oddly enough we've had J. Crew since the Resort Collection came out in January, can finally be worn and with worries about anything showing through! And thanks to Liz, save 40% by entering DEALCANDY at checkout.

No comments:

Post a Comment