Sunday, March 22, 2009

A quick morning shopping trip

Happy Sunday! Since I've been waking up early due to my body clock thinking 7:30AM is the time I should get up everyday, I decided to not lay in bed for an hour or two, but rather get up and go get some stuff before Phil (my DADerz for those who don't know) joins me today at the gym for my personal training session. I've been trying to get him to come for a while so he can see how hard I workout, he thinks he's fit...wait till 2:00. Anyways, today was a great day for the recessionista in me, I saved $21.29 not including CVS Extra Bucks, which brings the savings to $37.29!

CVS is having some great deals this week!! I saved $13.50 in the store today and got $16 in Extra Bucks back - so essentially saved $29.50. I paid around $27 in the store today including tax, but have the $16 for next time, so it was really like paying $11 for three $4 face scrubs/body wash, two $8 face washes, and one $8.50 box of 36 tampons! If you spend $10 on St. Ives products, you'll get $5 Extra Bucks plus I had a $1 off coupon! If you spend $15 on John Frieda products, like my favorite Biore facewash, you'll get $5 Extra Bucks back! There's a coupon for $1 off Playtex tampons, including the Sport ones which are my favorite - they really are so much better for working out and bopping around. CVS will then give you back $2 Extra Bucks for buying them as well! I also got Mentos fruity gum because I had a $1 off coupon, making it something like $0.69. If you can't tell, I've been on this fruity gum kick. I'm not sure why. A closer breakdown of the total is as follows: I had $6 in Extra Bucks from last week, plus the couple of coupons, and a CVS coupon for $4 off the purchase of $20 or more.

Second stop was Target. Bic Soleil disposable razors are were on sale for $4.49 plus I had a $2 off coupon from the paper. I was able to get the Juicy Fruit for FREE from a coupon. And I had a $2 off a purchase of 3 individual packs of Stride gum, costing $0.97 each, it was like buy ONE get TWO FREE! I used two Target coupons from the flyer I mentioned in an earlier post. They got me the Palmolive dish soap for $1 off, so I paid $0.47 and the Purex laundry detergent was $1 off and I got the limited a time 20% more free bottle, I'll theoretically get 56 loads for $4.64, so about $0.08 a load! My subtotal was $15.96, and I saved $7.79! So, with tax all this cost me $9.99!

And kids- Look for the Price Chopper coupons that DOUBLE any manufacturer coupon up to a $3 value!! Cut, cut, cut!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I am going to Target and stocking up on gum! I'm running so low I had to split a tiny piece of trident in half!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, plan to go to Target! You know I love to get my cereal there. How did Phil take the training?

    ReplyDelete