Thursday, March 19, 2009

A little delayed, but a bit to report.


Yesterday and today were pretty hectic, a bunch of hours at the store and classes. But, I have a bunch of savings to report.

First off, yesterday ended the Dunkin' Donuts month long or so offer for a free medium hot or iced coffee on Wednesdays. I grabbed an iced Vanilla with skim milk and a Splenda between leaving the gym and going to the computer science lab before my second class.

After class I had took my first trip to the grocery store since starting the blog. I went to Price Chopper so that I was able to take advantage of the Polar Seltzer and Dannon yogurt deals that were mentioned in Sunday's post. Among other notable savings were in the produce department, Dole salad mixes were buy 1 at $2.49, get one free, Green Giant 1 lb. bag of carrots 2/$3. And lastly, Quaker chewy granola bars (10 pack) for $2 each and I had $1 off coupon, making each box $1.50, originally $3.19. Of course I got the 90 calorie mixed packs. Mixed packs are great if you can't decide what you want, now I have the option of cinnamon rasin, chocolate chunk, or honey nut. I actually just had a chocolate chunk one not too eariler this evening as a little dessert. With the coupons and Advantage card savings, I had a total savings of $24.70, cutting my bill by 37%.

If any reader is planning on having a party, let me know and I'll forward the email with a coupon that must be presented at checkout at Party City for $10 off a purchase of $30 or more. Julie - I'll be sending this along so that you can use it to gear up for William's birthday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment